11.18.2008

thought fragment...

This idea will reappear later in a more thoroughly written blog, but I just wanted to toss it out there this morning while it was fresh in my mind.

I was up this morning praying for my family. It seems to take longer to do that every week. :) As I prayed, I pondered the nature of Satan's rage toward children. They are not just at risk because of their innocence. It's as if he's gunning for them.

Babies are targeted in the womb for elimination. If they survive, they spend their childhood in a world in surrounded by adults who are entertained by images and ideas that would be considered detrimental to their spirit. They are immersed in a culture that speaks to them as if their youth is to be despised. 'Childlike' is an admirable quality, yet they are told over and over, 'grow up'.

Why the war on children and childhood?

Then I was reminded of Psalm 8:2. From the lips of children and infants, I have ordained praise. Into their DNA, God has written a holy song, and Satan is trying for all he's worth to throw a sour note into the lifesong they have been given, because he knows that their song defeats his purposes.

Satan does not rage against children because they're vulnerable. He rages against them because they are dangerous.

It is a privilege to raise a house full of dangerous kids.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh. Good post....

We need to pray preservatively for our children's childhood.

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Wow! This is a really interesting point. I'd never thought of it that way. Thanks for sharing, I'll be linking to this.

Annie Peterson said...

Amen, Randy!

Ann Kimmel said...

Preach it, archnemesis!

If you want to see the Spirit move unhindered in a church, go see the children's ministry. I have seen the most amazing expressions of love for God right there.

Stepping down off soapbox. Removing soapbox. Ending post.

Josh said...

Excellent!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is all I can say- you spoke it eloquently and said it all- I love to think of my kids in that sense....even after all these years- your words still inspire me!